There are too many sites to mention them all by name. This policy covers them all.
It is important when using social networking sites such as Facebook or Twitter that staff maintain confidentiality and ensure proper practice at all times. This is to protect the children, parents & families of the setting along with the staff. It is also to guard the nursery reputation and the staff’s own personal reputation.
Staff must act in the best interests of the children & setting. Staff guidelines when using social media sites include but are not limited to
- Staff must not mention any of the children from the nursery on their online profiles
- Staff must not write direct or indirect suggestive comments about work on their online profiles
- Staff must not publish photos of the children on their online profiles
- Staff must not publish photos of other staff while in the nursery on their online profiles
- Staff must not write anything about other staff members on their online profiles
- Staff must not use mobile phones to take photos in the nursery or to access social networking sites during their working hours
- Staff must not mention any of the companies that Footsteps Day Nursery works with on their online profile
- In order to maintain professional boundaries staff should not accept personal invitations to be friends from parents of the nursery unless they know them in a personal capacity. Instead the parents could be signposted to 'like' the official Facebook page
- be cautious & mindful when acceting friend requests from colleagues
- Staff members are advised to set their online profiles to private so that only friends are able to see their information.
- Staff are responsible for adhering to the terms of service of each site they use
- Personal profiles should not contain any images or videos which may be perceived as inappropriate behavior for a childcare professional
- The nursery logo must not be put on social media apart from the offical Facebook page.
- Staff must not put the settings contact details on social media. Instead parents could be signposted to the nursery web page
- Staff will not have the nursery name anywhere in their personal profile.
- Any breaches of the Facebook & social networking policy could result in disciplinary action.
- staff must use social media in a professional, safe, responsible & respectful way. You must comply with the law.
- Staff must not use social media to attack, insult defame, or make negative or discriminatory comments about anyone.
Staff must be mindful that everything you post online is public, even with the strictest privacy settings. You must assume that everything is permenant & may be shared
Footsteps Day Nursery treat 'electronic behaviour' as it would 'non-electronic behaviour'
Footsteps day nursery has a Facebook page available. This is a communication tool for the setting. We will use it to
- Promote certain events such as parent consultations, trips, social events & visitors
- Update parents on staff training & development
- Give hints and tips for activities the children have enjoyed and home learning ideas
- To give news
- To show photos of activities, trips or special events
We also want to invite your thoughts & comments.
The nursery managers (including deputies) are the page administrators and will update the page on a regular basis.
The page administrators reserve the right to remove any comments at any time. The intent of the policy is to protect the privacy and rights of the nursery, staff & families.
We will remove any postings that
- Name specific individuals in a negative way
- Are abusive or contain inappropriate language or statements
- Use defamatory, abusive or generally negative terms about any individual
- Do not show proper consideration for others privacy
- Breach copyright or fair use laws
- Contain any photos of children without necessary parental consent.
If you would like to report an inappropriate comment then please send an email to email@example.com
Other policies that relate to this are
- Photographic policy
- Safeguarding policy
- Confidentiality policy