Here are the general statements about health and safety at Footsteps Day Nursery. A more in-depth policy can be found in the file in the office.
- We aim to provide and maintain a safe and healthy environment throughout the nursery.
- We follow all the regulations and guidelines set out by the environmental health department, local fire brigade and OFSTED.
- We ensure that the highest standards of cleanliness are maintained at all times.
- We carry out regular checks on all toys, electrical equipment and fire fighting equipment.
- We carry out regular fire drills.
- We have a strict no smoking policy.
- We have a number of first aid boxes located around the nursery. The contents are checked and restocked monthly.
- All of our staff recieve first aid, food hygiene and safeguarding training. This is updated every 3 years.
- All managers and supervisors recieve Health & Safety at Work training, this is updated every 3 years.
- Staff have a dress code to adhere to that includes tying hair back, no jewellery and clean uniforms.
- All bins are emptied twice a day.
- Protective gloves are worn during every nappy change and when administering first aid or dealing with body fluids such as vomit.
- All food, drinks and medicine will be stored in the fridge.
- Fridge temperatures are checked every day.
We have extended our Health & safety policy to include easures put in place following the Covid 19 pandemic. We also have an extensive risk assessment in pace.