Health and Safety
Here are the general statements about health and safety at Footsteps Day Nursery. A more in-depth policy can be found in the file in the office.
- We aim to provide and maintain a safe and healthy environment throughout the nursery.
- We follow all the regulations and guidelines set out by the environmental health department, local fire brigade and OFSTED.
- We ensure that the highest standards of cleanliness are maintained at all times.
- We carry out regular checks on all toys, electrical equipment and fire fighting equipment.
- We carry out regular fire drills.
- We have a strict no smoking policy.
- We have a number of first aid boxes located around the nursery.
- We have a number of first aiders on the premises at all times.
- Staff have a dress code to adhere to that includes tying hair back, no jewellery and clean uniforms.
- All bins are emptied twice a day.
- Protective gloves are worn during every nappy change and when administering first aid.
- All food, drinks and medicine will be stored in the fridge.
- Fridge temperatures are checked every day.